uber accident injury attorney, uber accident attorney, uber accident claim in baltimore, lyft accident injury attorney, lyft accident attorney, lyft accident claim in baltimore
Ridesharing services, such as Uber or Lyft, have become a common mode of transportation in the last few years. While ridesharing is convenient, these services present their own set of insurance complications. If you are in an accident with a rideshare driver, you must remember that the drivers are not technically employees of the company for which they are driving. There could be up to one million dollars in available policy limits, but not always. Based on the circumstances of the accident, the following policy limits could be available if you are in an accident involving a rideshare. If you still have questions regarding ridesharing service accidents, an experienced Uber Accident Attorney at Baltimore Accident Center can answer your questions and assist you with your Uber/Lyft Accident Lawsuit.
- When a driver with a passenger to their destination: 1 million policy limits are available.
- When a driver has accepted a ride through the rideshare app and is on their way to pick up a passenger: 1 million policy limits are available.
- When a driver is using the rideshare app but has not yet accepted a ride: $50,000 per person/ $100,000 per accident.
- When a driver is offline and not on the app, the policy limit will depend on the driver’s own personal auto policy.
If you have been injured in an accident while taking a rideshare service, it is a good idea to consult with an Uber Accident Injury Attorney. The experienced team of attorneys at Baltimore Accident Center will assist with your Uber Accident Claim In Baltimore and recover damages that you are owed. If you are located in or near Baltimore, MD, call (443) 499-2919 for a free consultation.
What Should I Do If I Am In An Uber Or Lyft Accident?
While the laws around ridesharing service accidents might differ from the laws of car accidents, you will still follow the same guidelines that you would if you were in own car and had an accident.
Follow these steps if you are ever in an Uber or Lyft accident.
- Call 911. The police and medical professionals will come to the scene of the accident. The police will document all the details of the accident and get the story from all parties involved in the accident. This will be the proof that you need that the accident actually occurred. The medical team will check you for any injuries. Do not deny medical treatment at the scene. This will establish any immediate physical injuries resulting from the accident.
- Take photographs of the accident. Be sure to include all vehicles, license plates, skid marks on the road, and injuries.
- Collect names and contact information from any witnesses or bystanders.
- Collect names and insurance information from the Uber/Lyft driver and any other parties involved in the accident.
- Keep a screenshot of your rideshare receipt and reservation in the rideshare app.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Report the accident to your insurance company or have your lawyer do so.
- Do not speak to any insurance representatives on your own. Have your lawyer communicate with them.
- Hire an experienced Lyft Accident Injury Attorney who can guide you through the confusing legal process to recovering all damages you are owed.
If you are considering filing a Lyft Accident Claim In Baltimore, you should not do so without first consulting with an expert Lyft Accident Attorney. The lawyers at Baltimore Accident Center will help you recover all damages you could possibly be owed. If you are located in or near Baltimore, MD, call (443) 499-2919 for a free consultation.