Car accidents kill more people yearly in the state of Maryland than homicides. Baltimore has some of the most accidents in the country. In April of 2018, Maryland state law enforcement and health officials met with other advocates to discuss the five-year Maryland Strategic Highway Safety Plan, in order to reduce car accident deaths and injuries. It was determined that the most common cause of car accidents in Maryland are commonly caused by impaired driving due to drugs and/or alcohol, distractions such as cell phones, inattention, and failure to use seatbelts. According to a previous study by the National Motor Vehicle Crash Causation Survey (NMVCCS), driver’s inattention and distractions account for 41% of auto accidents. Other common factors include decisional errors like driving too fast for conditions, making false assumptions of others’ actions, illegal maneuvering and misjudgments.
If you have been injured in a car accident due to no fault of your own, you should work closely with an experienced Car Accident Injury Attorney. Baltimore Accident Center is an expert Car Accident Law Firm what can help you recover all damages that you might be owed. If you are located in or near Baltimore, MD, call (443) 499-2919 for a free consultation.
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
There are specific steps one should follow if they would like to have a successful Car Accident Injury Claim In Baltimore. If you follow these guidelines, your lawsuit will be easier to investigate and increase your chances of a successful settlement or lawsuit after being injured in a car accident.
Follow these steps as closely as possible, depending on your individual circumstances.
- Move your automobile off the road. If you are unable to safely move it to the shoulder of the road, turn on your hazard lights so that other drivers are made aware.
- Call 911. Calling 911 will bring both law enforcement and medical assistance to the scene of your accident. Do not decline medical treatment, even if you do not think you are seriously injured. It is best to get medical treatment as soon as possible after a car accident. The police will write a report of the accident with both sides account and provide all the details and circumstances observed at the site of the accident.
- Gather any evidence that you can. If you are physically able to do so, you should take photographs of the accident scene. This includes photos of the vehicles, license plates, skid marks on the road, and possibly injuries. You should also take statements and information of witnesses to the accident. Write down your own account of the accident. Be sure to take the name, phone number, and insurance company information of the other driver.
- File your insurance claim. Because Maryland is a fault-based system, you should be careful not to say too much to the insurance company. Only provide the police report and facts of the incident. You do not want the insurance representatives to use anything you say against you.
- Contact an experienced Auto Accident Lawyer, especially if you have been injured. They will know how to best move forward. If you attempt to work with the insurance companies on your own, you might not receive all the compensation that you are entitled to.
If you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you should work closely with an experienced Car Accident Attorney. Baltimore Accident Center is an expert Car Accident Law Firm what can help you recover all damages that you might be owed. If you are located in or near Baltimore, MD, call (443) 499-2919 for a free consultation.
How Can A Car Accident Attorney Help Me And My Case?
Because a Car Accident Attorney is an expert in car accident law, they can assist you through the difficult legal process of recovering damages for your injuries. They can do the following for you:
- Investigate the accident.
- Deal with the insurance companies involved in your case.
- Make sure all laws are applied correctly. Because Maryland has contributory negligence law, then you must be careful in order to receive compensation.
If you are ready to file a car accident claim, you need to work with an experienced Car Accident Law Firm. The attorneys at Baltimore Accident Center will help you recover all damages that you could be owed. If you are located in or near Baltimore, MD, call (443) 499-2919 for a free consultation.
Call For A Free Consultation