A wrongful death occurs when someone dies due to someone else's negligence. In Maryland a lawsuit may be brought by a victim's family members to compensate for the loss of the victim's companionship, love and financial support that the family would have received had the victim not died. Additionally, a survival action may be brought by the deceased victim's estate on behalf of the victim. A survival action compensates the victim's estate for the pain suffered while the victim was dying and up until the moment of death. At the Baltimore Accident Center we will:
- Conduct a detailed investigation into the actions which caused the death
- Gather evidence that demonstrates negligence
- Use that evidence as leverage during settlement negotiations
- Take your case to court if a settlement is against your best interests
- Offer the relentless trial representation needed to help you pursue a judgment in your favor
If you have lost someone due to a wrongful death it is important that you immediately speak with an attorney to ensure that your legal rights are protected. Contact the Baltimore Accident Center by email or call us at: (443) 454-4579 to schedule a consultation to learn about your legal rights and options.